Optional: Conveyor - Call for pricing or more information
- High-performance data shredder for shredding hard drives and magnetic tapes up to 3.5", CD / DVD, discs and USB sticks.
- Intake Width: 5" x 1.5" x 8.25"
- Throughput: 2,000 per hour
- Automatic stop and reverse in the event of blockages.
- Energy-efficient motors in accordance with IEC 60034-30, especially designed for continuous operation and high throughput capacities.
- Continual, manual material feed.
- Multifunctional operating and display element allows for continuous or reverse operation
- Material discharges into convenient catch tray
- Optional conveyor belt can discharge materials directly into dumpsters
- Voltage/frequency: 3x208V/60Hz.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): single stage: 41” x 121” x 67”
- Color: light grey / anthracite.
Note: please fill in the "HSM Configuration Form and Installation Checklist" below.
- Please also note that this model may require certain electrical requirements. Please call, chat, or request a quote for more details.
Description of the HSM HDS 230-1 Hard Drive ShredderThe HDS 230-1 is part of HSM’s hard drive shredder line. Made in Germany, the HDS 230 hard drive shredder destroys digital and magnetic media into particle small enough to prevent data recovery. Shred hard drives, cassette tapes, credit cards, CDs/DVDs, USB sticks, floppy disks, and magnetic tapes up to 3.5”. The HDS 230-1 shredder has a throughput of 2,000 items per hour and Continuous Duty Operation enables continual shredding without the need for downtime in between. Place items up to 5”x1.5”x8.25” on the intake slot and then push the handle to insert items into the shred chamber. Users are not exposed to an open shred chamber or potentially dangerous debris. A multifunction operating and display element controls continuous or reverse operation.
It doesn’t shred paper, but it still has automatic stop and reverse when blockages are detected, preventing shredder damage. Shred particles end up in a convenient catch tray for easy clean up. The HDS 230-1 meets requirements for Security levels O-1, T-2, E-2, and H-4 (DIN 66399). And like all of HSM’s powerful shredders, the 230-1 has a very sturdy design for a long lasting performance. Even the motor is energy-efficient, complying with IEC 60034-34, while still working with high throughputs. The solid castors provide mobility for easier placement. An optional exit conveyor that directly discharges shred waste into dumpsters can be purchased. The HDS is also available as HDS-2 and HDS-3 with different cutting widths.
Full Specs of the HSM 230-1 Hard Drive Shredder
|Shred Size||0.78" W x 1.18" - 2" L|
|Horsepower||4 + 1.34 kW|
|Shipping Weight||1700 lbs|
|Shreds Credit Cards||Yes|
|Shreds Paper Clips||Yes|